The Missouri Department of Corrections employs approximately 11,000 Missourians at more than 90 worksites throughout the state. That creates a constant, critical need to recruit and retain a dynamic workforce.
Qualified professionals looking for a challenging career should take a serious look at the Missouri Department of Corrections. Our team is making a difference every day.
- Academic Teacher I
- Academic Teacher II
- Academic Teacher III
- Cook I
- Cook II
- Corrections Officer I
- Probation & Parole Assistant I
- Probation & Parole Officer I
- Special Education Teacher I
- Special Education Teacher II
- Special Education Teacher III
The Missouri Department of Corrections is an agency of the Missouri Merit System, which requires successful completion of a merit process prior to consideration for most employment.
- Online Merit Application Process
If the job class you are applying for indicates "Online Application," interested applicants should visit the website, www.ease.mo.gov. Applicants applying for Corrections Officer I should visit the Online Application for Corrections Officer I.
- Online Departmental of Corrections Application Process
If you are applying for a Department of Corrections position, a DOC application is required in addition to the Ease Application. This application must be presented at the time of your interview, if not requested prior to your interview.
- Merit System Paper Application
If the job class you are applying for indicates "Paper Application," interested applicants should visit the web site, http://oa.mo.gov/personnel/job-applicants/missouri-merit-system/apply-merit-system-job.
- Non-Merit System Paper Application
If you need a DOC application for non-merit applications, please contact Recruiting at 573-526-6477 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hiring Process
When vacancies occur, the state agency has the option of requesting a Register of Eligibles and/or filling the vacancy via the transfer/re-employment/promotion process. If a Register of Eligibles is requested, your name may be forwarded to the agency for consideration. Merit System rules require that vacancies be filled from the top 15 available applicants from the Register of Eligibles. Your score determines if you receive an interview.
Our employee benefit package
- Missouri State Employees' Retirement System
- Major Health Insurance (provided for employees and available for families)
- Paid Life Insurance (amount equivalent to annual salary)
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 10 hours of annual leave per month
- 10 hours of sick leave per month
- Uniforms provided, when required
- Pre-Service and In-Service Training (additional 40 hours of training provided each year)
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit of paycheck (required)
- Employee health, wellness and safety initiatives
- MOST Program
- Savings Bonds
Other Recruitment Activities
No recruitment activities scheduled at this time.