I have a client who is deaf, hard of hearing, or doesn’t speak English. What services are reimbursable and how do I find an interpreter?

Accordion Name
REACT Agency
Tab Order

The Division will reimburse for contracted services at the treatment level only. The RSU and REP services are the responsibility of the provider (and required by ADA).

Sign language interpreters must be certified and licensed and we will assist in finding a spoken language interpreter in your area. More information, a list of interpreters and interpreter agencies can be obtained by contacting the Department of Mental Health, Division of Alcohol & Drug Abuse, Office of Deaf Services by voice: 573-526-1857, fax: 573-526-7926, or email: deafservices@dmh.mo.gov.

The MAPP is available in Spanish, some agencies have also had various material translated into Spanish.