The Missouri Department of Corrections is now hiring in more than 200 job classifications in 90 locations throughout the state. A career in corrections is a chance to make a difference — by making our communities safer, by equipping Missourians in the criminal justice system with the skills they need to succeed, and by securing a better future for yourself and your family. The state has demonstrated an ongoing commitment to investment in corrections staff, with competitive benefits, transformative professional development, enhanced wellness resources, and a series of significant pay increases that have raised the starting correctional officer salary by more than 30% over the last five years.
Our Employee Benefits Package
- Paid Pre-Service and In-Service Training
- Missouri State Employees' Retirement System
- Major Health Insurance (provided for employees and available for families)
- Paid Life Insurance (amount equivalent to annual salary)
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan (health insurance)
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- 13 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 10 Hours of Annual Leave Per Month
- 10 Hours of Sick Leave Per Month
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit of Paycheck (required)
- Employee Health, Wellness and Safety Initiatives
- MOST 529 College Savings Program
- Savings Bonds
More information on employee benefits »
Health Care Jobs
Centurion is proud to partner with the Missouri Department of Corrections as the provider of comprehensive healthcare services throughout the state.
If you’re looking for a career in medical/nursing, mental health, or dental at any of the Missouri DOC locations, please click MO Career Opportunities or text Centurion to 97211 to connect with a Recruiter.
Food Service Jobs
Aramark is proud to partner with Missouri Department of Corrections to provide food services in correctional facilities across the state.
To learn more about food service opportunities at any of the Missouri DOC locations, please visit Aramark’s website.
Career in Corrections