See what the Missouri Department of Corrections and partner organizations are doing to help incarcerated Missourians successfully return to the community.
Reentry Opportunity Center (ROC)
A new Columbia community center serves as a one-stop shop to help Boone County residents returning from jail or prison access resources they need.
- “New center aims to keep recently released inmates on the right path” - KOMU
- “New center aims to connect former inmates to much needed resources” - Columbia Missourian
- “Reentry Opportunity Center opens for former prison inmates in Boone County” - KRCG
- “Newly Opened Center Will Provide Reentry Services for Former Inmates” - KBIA
Women in a Vandalia prison learn entrepreneurship skills that can help them launch their own businesses after release.
- "Prison program teaches women how to be entrepreneurs" - Columbia Missouri
- "Aspiring to Change and Giving Hope" - Columbia Business Times
- "Meet the graduating class of Missouri’s new prison entrepreneurship academy" - Missouri Business Alert
- "Teresa Parson to give commencement address as inmates complete entrepreneurship program" - The Missouri Times
- "Business Beat: ASPIRE MO" - KBIA
- "Inaugural class completes ASPIRE MO Entrepreneurship Program" - Vandalia Leader
- Reentry Coordinator Danielle Bellamy and Missouri Women's Council Executive Director Kellie Ann Coats on Missouri Viewpoints - Missouri Viewpoints
Algoa Correctional Center pilots the first Urban League program to operate in a prison in the organization's century-long history.
- "New inmate program hopes to guide participants to success" - Columbia Missourian
- "Inmates graduate from program to help transition out of prison" - KOMU
- "Program prepares men at Algoa Correctional Center for change in their lives" - Jefferson City News-Tribune
- "Algoa prisoners participate in new program" - KJLU
- "12 Algoa prisoners chosen to participate in new program: New program will provide intensive employment readiness, life skills and cognitive training" - Jefferson City News-Tribune
Life Beyond Bars Series
KOLR TV series hows how the Missouri Department of Corrections prepares Missourians in the criminal justice system for successful reentry into the community.
- Director Anne Precythe: "Courageous Conversations: Life behind bars" - KOLR
- Chillicothe Correctional Center: "Life Beyond Bars: Vocational Training Inside Missouri Prisons" - KOLR
- Reentry Officer Shelley Staton: "Life Beyond Bars: The Reentry Process" - KOLR
- Third Street Sportswear: "Life Beyond Bars: Employers Hiring Former Offenders" - KOLR
Connections to Success
Working in multiple Missouri prisons, Connections to Success provides intensive life coaching and job preparation to prepare incarcerated Missourians for release.
- "Men in Kansas City prison graduate from re-entry program, meet Miss USA" - FOX 4
- "New Program Prepares Offenders for Life After Prison" - KBIA
- "Help wanted: Too many jobs and not enough workers in most states" - PEW
- "Dozen NECC Offenders Complete ‘Connections To Success’ Program" - The People's Tribune
Fulton Community Supervision Center
- "Fulton Community Supervision Center reopens as first-of-its-kind facility" - KOMU
- "Changing lives at the Fulton Women's Community Supervision Center: The Women's Fulton Community Supervision Center held its open house Wednesday morning to give a look into the work they've been doing since opening in February" - Fulton Sun
Reentry Job Centers
- "Re-Entry Job Center at Tipton Correctional is first of its kind in Missouri" - Jefferson City News-Tribune