Public Information Office
Karen Pojmann Communications Director
Sunshine Law Requests
Please contact the custodian of records for the appropriate division.
Sign up to receive media updates by email and/or text message.
For information on criminal charges, hearings, sentences and other matters related to Missouri courts, please visit Missouri Case Net.
For information on offenders currently incarcerated or under supervision with the Missouri Department of Corrections, please use our online offender search function.
To request other offender data or open records, contact us
Offender Interview Requests
To request an interview with an offender in the Missouri Department of Corrections, please contact the Public Information Office, and provide:
- Interviewer's name
- Name of news agency
- Offender's name
- Offender's DOC number, date of birth or other identifying information
- Offender location (if known)
- Medium (video, audio, print, photo)
- Type of interview (phone or face-to-face)
- Purpose of interview
- Multiple preferred dates and times for the interview (9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Wednesday for in-person interviews)
Facility staff will contact the offender to determine whether he or she consents to an interview. If the offender consents, the public information office will work with the interviewer and the facility to arrange a time and date.
The Public Information Office will work with the facility and the interviewer to request a time for the phone interview during regular business hours.
In-person media interviews with offenders take place in facility visitor rooms during regular business hours on weekdays, generally between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Before the Interview
To be approved for the interview, please provide:
- A complete equipment list (no cell phones)
- Identifying information for a background check on each crew member
Please provide one of the following:
- Driver's license scan
- Passport scan
- Full name + date of birth + driver's license number
- Full name + date of birth + social security number
- Full name + date of birth + passport number
All members of the media and other visitors are searched before entering a correctional facility. All equipment will be searched and must match the approved equipment list (no cell phones). Please arrive at the facility early to complete the security process.
- No more than 4 crew members per interview
- 1 hour to set up for the interview
- 1 hour to conduct the interview
- 1 hour to pack up after the interview
- No photography or videography outside the approved interview area
- No cell phones
Remember to sign in and out.
(Did we mention no cell phones?)
News & Feature Stories
We want to tell you our stories. Missouri Department of Corrections people and programs are invested in making a positive, lasting difference in the lives of Missourians. With a powerhouse of 11,000 employees located throughout the state, we work hard to help people improve their lives, providing education, job training, life skills, substance use disorder treatment, mental health services and countless other resources justice-involved Missourians need to be successful.