Welcome to your first month with the Department of Corrections!
Review these steps so you know what to expect as you start your job.
Discuss expectations, deadlines and priorities with your supervisor.
Your supervisor will provide information about training requirements as you start your job.
Training Learning Modes
Training for corrections staff is offered through four learning modes:
- Online through MoLearning, powered by LinkedIn Learning
- Online through the Department of Corrections Online Training Academy (DOCOTA)
- Online in real time through virtual instructor-led training (VILT)
- In seat at a training center location
For clerical staff, training requirements vary depending on your work location.
Facility Staff Requirements
Probation & Parole Staff Requirements
Office Staff Requirements
All staff are required to complete approved elective courses.
The Corrections Way
- Communication Styles
- Value Premise
- Effective Feedback
- Quality Conversations/De-escalation
- Growth Model
Important technology-related links:
- Access after you get your login name and password: REACT (password reset)
- Access after you get your first paycheck: Employee Self Service (ESS)
- Reporting hours worked: Employee Time and Attendance (ETA)
- State Help Desk: Office of Administration Internet Technology Services Division (OA ITSD) Portal
- Web applications used on the job:
Learn the Lingo
You’ll find that people in the Department of Corrections (DOC) tend to use a lot of acronyms. Don’t fret! We have a handy list of acronyms that will help you.
Here’s a list of facilities and contacts that will help familiarize you with the Division of Adult Institutions.