From the Director
Welcome to the team!
Get ready for your first day with the Department of Corrections!
Review these steps so you know what to expect.
What to Wear
Check your welcome letter for details on what to wear, and review these policies and procedures.
- Dress Standards for Training
- Non-Uniformed Staff Personal Appearance
- Probation & Parole Standards for Professional Appearance
- Probation & Parole Uniformed Staff Appearance
What to Bring
Check your welcome letter for further details on what to bring and what not to bring.
To complete paperwork, please bring:
- Photo ID
- Social Security card
- A big smile for your ID badge photo
If You Work in a Prison/Institution
- Lunch, or plan to eat in the cafeteria
- A transparent/clear bag or container to hold personal belongings
DO NOT Bring
- A cell phone
- A weapon
- Any items that might be considered contraband; check your welcome letter for which items are allowed and not allowed
- Be aware that all Missouri Department of Corrections facilities are tobacco-free
Where to Park
On the Job